Drumright Public Schools
Summer Athletic Policy
June 1, 2020
Covid-19 has impacted the lives of everyone and continues to be a concern to Drumright Public Schools as we seek to create a safe environment for our athletes to train. The OSSAA board voted to reject a proposal to give every school a uniform set of policies. The following regulations have been established to govern Drumright Public School’s athletes:
Summer Pride will be Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday, June 9 – July 30
7:00 AM and 9:00 AM Sessions (Choose one)
June 9 - June 30 - Phase I
1) HS & MS athletes are able to participate in small groups in our school facilities with coaches present.
2) This small group work would be no more than 10 athletes together at any time and social distancing measures must be in place (six feet apart, hand washing, etc.).
3) Limit to 10 students in the weight room.
4) Athletes or coaches who are coming to the facility for any reason during this time period will have their temperature taken. If their temperature is 100.4 or above they will be required to return home and encouraged to speak with their primary care doctor.
5) Outdoor sports team workouts/practices can begin with social distancing whenever possible.
6) Any equipment used including weights, balls, bats, helmets, etc. must be disinfected daily.
7) No shared hydrating bottles, towels, gloves, or any other personal equipment is permitted.
8) Facilities will be sanitized daily during this time period and all participants are encouraged to wash their hands and use hand sanitizer at least once every 60 minutes.
9) Each student will be required to bring a mask with them each day in case it becomes needed. Students are encouraged to wear masks.
10) Coaches are being instructed that athletes who do not attend because they or their parents are not comfortable with the health risks will not receive any consequences or be held responsible in the future for non-participation.
Team Camps - These will possibly be allowed during this period pending the State of Oklahoma moving to Phase 3 of the state’s reopening plan. This may be delayed by the state which would cause camps to get canceled.
June 29-July 5 - Dead Period
The OSSAA dead period is now in effect since their summer proposal was not passed. No athletic activities will be allowed during this period. Nor will any contact between players and coaches or between players and school facilities be allowed.
If the OSSAA decides at the next board meeting to negate the dead period for this year this time period will fall into the category below.
July 6- July 30 - Phase II
No restrictions assuming state has progressed out of the re-opening phases back to “normal” operation. This may continue to include scrimmages against other schools and or practices/open gyms/etc. COVID-19 has created a challenging, unique, and rapidly changing situation. Therefore, all dates and phases are subject to change.
Senior Class of 2020!
Graduation week is here!
Graduation rehearsal will take place Thursday evening at 8:00.
GRADUATION will be Friday night at 8:00 PM.
All seniors will receive 2 tickets for the home bleachers at the football field. This is due to the requirement of maintaining social distancing. There will be other areas marked for people to bring lawn chairs or choose to stand. We will make every effort to accommodate family and friends and maintain social distancing.
Open public meeting regarding the Title Programs on May 26, 2020 at 6:00PM at the following zoom link:
Topic: Title VI Native American Services Meeting
Time: May 26, 2020 06:00 PM Central Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 823 0255 9219